By Richard Sison | 2016
Being Paul a very zealous man, "circumcised on the 8th day, of the nation of Israel from the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew of Hebrews, a Pharisee, persecutor of the ekklesia, as to righteousness which is in the Law, found blameless" (Phil 3:5-6), all his life and way of thinking was changed after He met Yeshua in his way to Damascus (Acts 9:1-10; 22:6-21; 26:12-18). Having experienced this encounter with Yeshua, Paul said that "for the excellency of the knowledge of Yeshua HaMashiach my L-RD: [...] I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,” - Phil 3:7-8. According to this knowledge attained in a long process to fully understand who Yeshua is, Paul made the boldest declaration about Him in this letter to the Philippians:
1. Yeshua existed in the form of G-D
2. Yeshua is equal with G-D (see Ps 45:6-7; Heb 1:8-9)
3. Yeshua pre-existed (because He emptied Himself, taking the form of servant) (Heb 1:10-12)
4. G-D exalted Yeshua (Ps 110:1)
5. Bestowed on Him the Name above all names
6. Every knee should bow in heaven and on earth under the earth (see Isa 45:23)
7. Every tongue should confess that Yeshua is Adonai (Isa 45:23)
After knowing all these things about Yeshua, what does it mean to us?
Watch the Message >>
Leave a Reply.
Elders and Deacons of Light of Messiah Ministries Canada