BY RICHARD SISON | 2015
The Moedim or the Appointed Feasts of Elohim as stipulated in Leviticus 23 and in all the Torah have superior distinctions compared to pagan Feasts or christianized pagan practices for they represent a lot of spiritual truths manifested in physical realm. And Hanukkah has characteristics reflective of G-D´s Appointed Times.
The name "Hanukkah" derives from the Hebrew verb "חנך", meaning "to dedicate" because the Maccabean Jews regained control of Jerusalem and rededicated the Temple, according to the history. But it represents many spiritual truths, to wit:
1. It is written in the Bible. It was documented in John 10:22-42
2. It points to a monumental event in the past. It points to the Maccabean in 167 BCE - 160 BCE
3. It shows types and shadows of the Messiah. It is Feast of Lights. Yeshua is the Light of the world
4. It reveals G-D´s Timetable for man´s salvation. Hanukkah refers to restoration of all things
5. It is a shadow of what is to come. Hanukkah refers to dedication of the Temple. Rev 21:22 speaks about the L-RD G-D Almighty and the Lamb being the Temple in the New Jerusalem.
6. The L-RD speaks to His people during Appointed Feasts. Yeshua spoke to His people in John 10:22-38
7. It is a message that points and reveals the Messiah. Yeshua is the Messiah, the Son of G-D
Watch the Message >>